Air

Air

Sunday, June 5, 2011

June 5th, Day Two, should be Day Four. Oops, life happens.

The Bristol Opera House. Home to Elkhart Civic Theatre.
     I will not be undaunted in doing this blog. It is amazing as to what gets pushed to the side when craziness happens. And, my craziness is what I am going to talk about.... My love of theatre. Not just going to the theatre, but, participating in it.

     If you look at the picture to the right, you will notice the blue building, That is my home away from home. In the last couple of weeks I have spent about half of my waking hours in that building or at least working towards the end goal. The end goal this time is the Tony Award winning musical "The Drowsy Chaperone.

     Now, I am not going to talk about the show, or even talk about my character. What I am going to talk about is why I do theatre. Well, First of all, I enjoy it. The work is hard, the hours can be long, but, when you hear the laughter, the gasps, and the applause. It is worth all of it. But, the main reason why I do theatre is because of the people. Now, sometimes I get along with a couple of people in the cast. Other times, like this show, I get along with everyone, and I will truly miss all of them.

     We all need to find people, and when I am working on a show, I always seem to find someone. Sometimes I reconnect with someone that I have worked with before, and sometimes I find new people that enrich my life. So, If they are reading this. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment