Air

Air

Monday, January 31, 2011

The Time Before

Today has been a "Blah" day. I got up to take my mother to the doctor, everything is good. But, It is times like these, you know that period of time when you get to sit, that you get to look at the world around you and you interact with it. Well, this world that I see is much different than it was when I was a kid.
I sat at the doctor's office, which when I was a kid, would have had one doctor. Nowadays, this office had four doctors, so the place was busy. There were families, and couples, and older folks, and me with my mother.
I was watching ,in particular, to the one family with three small kids. Now in my childhood, I would have either sat beside my parents, or had been in the kids area, sitting politely reading a book or playing a toy. Not these kids, and not these parents either. These kids were taking turns running around the office hitting each other with the books, pushing each other out of the office, then locking them out of the office, smashing each other in between the door and the wall. Now, if I were these kids' parent, they would have problems sitting. But no, the mother was holding the baby, and ignoring what her kids were doing, and the father was reading a magazine.
I am wondering where we fell into the "No touch" zone. If my kids misbehave, my hand will be on their ass PERIOD. It amazes me as to what parenting has turned into. Now, I was spanked as a kid, and every time I was spanked, I deserved. My parents had this little thing called CONTROL. And, if we the future parents of the world, don't use some. Our future generations will be out of control. I think there has to be a point where parents take back the power that the government has scared us out of. Timeouts work... sometimes. Grounding works... for only so long. I feel that the punishment must match the crime per se, but, to do nothing, is wrong.
I know that at this current point in time, I don't have a child. I also know that I am a stubborn person, I very strongly doubt that my view will change. Take my words and digest them as you will. Just don't bitch at me, it is my opinion. And this is just my blog of opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment