Air

Air

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ok, I admit it. I'm a diva

Di * Va
[dee-vuh, -vah]
–noun, plural -vas, -ve
a distinguished female singer; prima donna.

Yes, I realize that I am not a female. But, I fall underneath this connotation. The negative one.

Now some Divas grace the stage with all of the power of the gods and goddesses of ancient history. The problem with that is, those gods and goddesses try to wield that power off stage. And, Dammit I am guilty!

I was listening to the TheatreGeeks podcast and I realized that I fall under the subject of diva. I have been blessed with a little bit of talent, okay, my diva-ness will not allow me to say a little bit. I have a moderate well of talent, it spreads over a lot of fields. I have heard from my own mouth as to how I will not take a small role due to the fact that I have had some bigger parts. How dare I.

Now today I will be auditioning for the show The Drowsy Chaperone. And, though I might not get a main role, hopefully I will be getting a role. now the only thing is I need to remain humble. I will admit that I am not as strong of a singer as I am a character actor. but, hey who knows. I am just going to try to keep my diva down.

No comments:

Post a Comment