Air

Air

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sometimes I hate my dreams...

I don't like being woken up by my dreams, ones that really upset me are the worst.

The dream started with me in a dark room, sitting in a chair, with a bright light hanging above my head. I sit there for several minutes there is no noise, no movement around me. Then all of a sudden there a light above another chair turns on. In the chair is a non-descript man who proceeds to attack me verbally about my sexuality. And that it state in the ten commandments how man shall not lay with man as he does woman. And I retort that it also states that Thou shall not kill. It was then that my mind flooded with images of my friends and classmates and family members that were cops and soldiers, people who defended our country, our cities, our very way of lives. In Hell. Because they killed someone. That person then tells me that they defended their country there will an exception and I yelled back that the ten commandments has no exceptions. If I am going to hell because I am gay, they rest assured that they are going to hell because they killed.

Now, I don't like that at all. I would much rather everything be hunky-dory and everyone I love be in heaven, but, the way things are written it is in black and white, not this grey area where we want one to be. And I don't like it. All I am saying is that people that follow that thing called religion, which I am not a subscriber to for reasons I may write down at some point, they can't pick and choose the parts that work for them, but, whether they want to or not, they do. They pick the parts that affect their life and the parts that would actually state that they might not be as good of a Christian as they think they are or say something that they don't want to hear, they choose to ignore it.


1 comment:

  1. Oddly enough, my terrible dreams are rarely about gayness, or even religion. (Ninjas, on the other hand...)

    As for religion in general, there are a lot of different versions of it. Maybe it's hard to pick and choose if you were brought up following one particular type, but I tend to focus on what I consider the essentials: be good. (And if you want more specifics, its the part where its explained to us humans that what's in your heart is more important than what's in your stomach, and that's why cheeseburgers are not one-way tickets to hell. :) )

    ReplyDelete