Air

Air

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day Six, and the recap of Monday. and talking about what my blog will be used for.

Day 1: Nine things about yourself.
Day 2: Eight ways to win your heart.
Day 3: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day 4: Six things you wish you’d never done.
Day 5: Five people who mean a lot (in no order whatsoever)
Day 6: Four turn offs.
Day 7: Three turn ons.
Day 8: Two smileys that describe your life right now.
Day 9: One confession.

Day 6: Four turn offs.

  1. Smoking~ It is a horrible habit. I have friends that do it, some of them do it socially. I don't mind it that way. But, If you want to be my man, it is either that butt on your lips, or mine. I know that is one hell of a visual, but, it is also the truth.
  2. Bad Tipper~ I know that it sounds really shallow, but, I worked as a waiter before, you might not realize how hard it is to make your money. Now mind you, if the service is horrible... then it's okay, but only then.
  3. Excessive Drinking~ Again, be social. Not stupid. 'Nuff said.
  4. Taking Life Too Seriously~ Life isn't wine and roses, but, it isn't all doom and gloom. Things will look up, they always do. Quit yer bitchin' and keep on moving.

~My Monday~

My Monday was fantastic, it was nice to be able to go down to Fort Wayne. The drive was great, decent weather and there wasn't that many idiots on the road while I was driving. Well one bus driver, but I blew by him quickly. I got to my cousin place, slid into my normal parking spot literally. I walked up to the house carrying the painting that I wanted to do for my cousin. He has the fixation and fascination with a painting of the Earth at the Daily Grind in Goshen. Well, I worked on my rendition and presented it to him. He seemed to enjoy it and his partner also sent me a message saying the same.
We then started our running, first we went to a client's home and picked up rent, not normal protocol mind you, and then ran to lunch. Ruby Tuesday's was very good. I have the burger with A-1. and two servings of fries, might tasty. I didn't realize that they had endless fries. Lunch gave us time to talk, talk of the future and where he is going, what my plans are, my nervousness to what lies ahead of my day. It's nice to spend time with him. I hope to do this for years to come.
We then ran to his office where it is very interesting to see a realty office at work, the other times that I have been there it was rather slow. People often have misconceptions about Realtors. You either think they have tons of money, tons of free time, or both. Let me clarify. I was with my cousin for just around four hours today, other than the time that we stopped for lunch, he was on the phone with a broker, a client, or a potential client. The entire time we were in the car he was working. I am sure once I left to on about my day, he was either on his computer working on his current listings, or future listings. Realtors work just as hard as you and I, well, maybe not I currently.
Now as to money, there are a lot of fees and costs that we don't realize that these people have to pay and that includes paying their brokerage fees, my cousin's are 30%. When get our paychecks, we lose 20-25%. Realtors have that, plus their brokerage fees, plus everything else they have to pay. Just something for you guys to think about. And when you are thinking about buying, renting, or building a house, go through a Realtor, one, they have the resources that you do not have. Two, it's their job, they can take the time to look for you, when you can't. It's a win/win situation people. And this is what I learned, riding around the Fort Wayne area with my cousin, and I was just paying attention half-assed.
After leaving my cousin at his house to his work, I headed to Glenbrook mall, and to the Barnes and Nobles there. I met Paul, he is a little older than me, is just as much a geek as I am. We had a drink at Starbucks, talked about our books and our interests, and about an hour and a half later, we headed outside and made plans for a future date, this time in Goshen. Dinner and a movie. Kinda looking forward to it.

~The Future of My Blog~
I am in no way shape or form ending this blog, just going to try and organize it a little. So, This is how I will work this little shindig...
  • Sunday~ Recap of my Dungeon & Dragons game, if there is any. If not who knows what I will talk about.
  • Monday~ Me Monday~ Those of my friends who read my blog, doesn't matter if you are on Facebook or Here on Blogger. You will get to ask me one question about myself. I will answer it to the best of my ability, and as long as I don't incriminate myself into anything crazy.
  • Tuesday~ Reality Recap. I am a huge reality show junkie. Here is my take on some of my favorite reality shows.
  • Wednesday ~ Glee!!! I will talk about my favorite show! Glee is a great part of my life, and deserves it's own day!
  • Thursday~ Product placement~ I am going to take this day to talk about a product that I actually use. Or possibly a recipe that I enjoy. I want to pass this knowledge onto you.
  • Friday~ Free Friday. Anything goes. I may take one of my left over questions and answer it, I may post one of my poems, Who knows, like I said anything goes!
  • Saturday~ Normal blog. a recap of my week, any concerns I may have and a follow up with anything that I have mentioned before.
I am looking forward to this new journey in my blog, I am hoping to do this from no on. If you want to get involved with the personal question. Email me at Runningfromdragons@gmail.com. All questions must be received by Saturday. The new blog starts Sunday, with a recap of the game.

1 comment:

  1. Um...this is the coolest idea for a blog ever. I want to steal it. Modify it. And use it. But I will have to exert effort to do that...so who knows? Plus I'm kind of into the reviewing thing right now. Ugh. I don't know. Gah life! HaHa, just kidding. Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete